CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, April 24, 2009

Short

I'm short. Not that this comes as a surprise to me or anything. I've been the first person in line when they arranged us by height since kindergarten. Yes I was a big ole nerd but that wasn't the only reason that I sat in the front row at school. I'm legally in many states considered to be a little person. I actually like the term midget but since it does seem to offend that community I'll refrain from the use of the term. How short? I'm 4"10.75". If I'm right in the things I've looked up, 4' 10" and under is the federal cut off for being termed a little person. Right now I only qualify in certain states. DadWonder is far from short. I think he's 6'1" or 6'2". At his height who cares about an extra inch. At my height every fraction counts. I know you shrink with age so basically I'm not that far off from nationwide little person status. So what's my gripe about all of this? Clothes. I really hate petite shopping. I'm 31 but most clothes for women my height either either has to be bought in the juniors section or it looks like it's for a Golden Girl. Now I love me some Sophia but I'm not ready to dress like her. As for the junior section...I'm a mama and thus many of these things are soooo not age appropriate. I'm not sure it was appropriate when I was the age. Also I have a booty. I used to have boobs but breastfeeding two kids got rid of that. In the end trying to find pants for a shorty like me with a butt and a small waist in age appropriate fashion and length is damn near impossible. Oh yeah and I need to be able to afford them. Sorry I can not bring myself to buy jeans for $100 a pop. The Alligator likes to eat no matter how cute mama looks in the pants.

0 comments: